So, let’s see what happens when Abby visits Section 36!
What made you decide to open “My Sunday Sets”?
My Sunday sets was inspired by my love for football. The cheering, the crowd atmosphere, the hype, the tailgate before a game, I love it all. Like many others do too!
It goes back to attending football games during high school, and NFL Buffalo Bills Games with my father. I absolutely LOVE a nice fall morning, making snacks, dips, and having friends and family over for football. I wanted a comfy set I could enjoy to watch football in. But not just for football, I actually love attending all different sports! I grew up in Syracuse NY. Going to crunch hockey games, SU basketball games at the college dome, and SU football games. I wanted to create multiple sets for multiple sports to watch your team win in high-quality comfort clothing.
Do you do the designs yourself?
I do! I grew up very artsy but never pursued it. I love drawing, painting, and sketching. But I haven’t done those types of hobbies in YEARS. It’s funny actually, when it came to a design, I hand sketched them myself on Snapchat. But, I like the look and feel of a consistent embroidered brand that feels real with a passion for the love of sports.How do you decide which products to carry?
GREAT QUESTION. I did my research on this one. I didn’t want my brand represented by some cheap material or the cheapest bang for my buck set I could find. No. I wanted a HIGH-QUALITY name that people can see and feel. I went with Independent Trading Co for now. They have been around since the 80’s, and it’s funny my favorite hoodie I own, I looked at the tag and it said independent trading co. My boyfriend’s favorite hoodie back home from New York was from the same brand too, what a coincidence. I researched them, did my due-diligence, and knew my brand needed to be represented by nice material. For baseball, I wanted to have cute tank tops and shorts for women, and a nice hoodie and athletic shorts for men. Although some tanks and women’s shorts reflect different material besides independent trading co, the material is still amazing and comfortable. Felt more, springy. For football, that starts around fall, I wanted a hoodie and sweatpants set to enjoy and be cozy in the cool crisp air.
What has been the most pleasant surprise since opening Sunday Sets?
The most pleasant surprise has been that everyone I’ve reached out to about collaborating, or receiving a free set or article of clothing to represent my brand has been so positive and has wanted to wear the clothing right away! I’ve received such positive and kind feedback, much more than I thought I would’ve these past 4 months since starting in April!What is the biggest challenge with the brand?
My biggest challenge has been getting the brand name known. I know it’s hard for new clothing brands to become well-known, so I am going to focus heavy on marketing for the next year to increase awareness.
What are your immediate brand related goals?
--
Those are some really great goals!
I'm sure you’ll all want to check out Sunday Sets on your own and find the best way to improve your wardrobe. I'd go here:

No comments:
Post a Comment