If you're following me on Instagram (and really why aren't you?) you know I've been showing off my baseball collection periodically one by one. I realized that I should be doing that here as well so everyone can see them. So, let's continue the "Collecting the Sox" series to show some of the things a Red Sox fan might collect.
Like this baseball...
For a ling time I collected pins when I went to games. But, as pics got more expensive, and slightly more awkward to display, I reverted to baseballs. Obviously, they're a great baseball collectible. Most of the big games and events have baseballs specific to them.
Like 2019 Opening Day. This was a fun day to commemorate. You may imagine that there was a fun pregame ceremony for tbhis one. The classic logo on the front is a pretty common way to go with these, but unlike last time there's no added color. It's actually a pretty bland ball. But, a good ceremony.
Makes for a nice collectible.
What do you think?
Collecting commemorative baseballs sounds cool. I'd probably do it if I had more space. I have a couple of A's ones that I picked up at the flea market, but I don't think I have ever acquired one at a game. That being said, I do own quite a few signed baseballs.
ReplyDeleteCollecting baseballs from memorable games can be a great way to preserve special moments and build a collection with real personal meaning. For another online entertainment option, you can also visit posido.
ReplyDeleteThere’s something really cool about collecting baseballs because every ball can carry its own little story. An Opening Day ball from 2019 is a great piece of Red Sox history, and I like the idea of sharing the collection one item at a time rather than showing everything at once. It makes the series feel much more personal. After enjoying the memorabilia, I might take a quick break at https://corgi-bets.com/es/.
ReplyDeleteThat’s a really cool way to keep the memories from different games. I can see why baseballs became easier to collect than pins, especially when you start running out of space to display everything. The 2019 Opening Day ball may look simple, but having it tied to a specific ceremony makes it much more meaningful. Definitely a nice piece for a Red Sox collection. https://hickenroad.com/bn/
ReplyDelete